RSS
Welcome to Rakhis Filmy ka "fun" dunia where you can find Gossips,reviews,interviews,music, movies etc..a huge collection of your favorite stars.why so late you are just 1 click away from da entertainment mahal.

Abhishek was stunned to see Amitabh as a 13-year-old in 'Paa'



How did Paa happen?

The director Balki one day came to us with the script, which I have not read so far, and told us, ‘I want you to play father and son.’ And I was like, ‘What’s new in this?’ Then he added, ‘I want you to play the father and Amitji to play your son.’ It was an opportunity of a lifetime. All I had to do was be his best friend, which we are in real life. And I enjoyed playing Paa’s Paa.

What was your first reaction when you saw Amitabh Bachchan on the sets with his make-up on?

I didn’t recognise him! My dad and Vidya Balan were shooting near our home and Balki asked me to drop by. I was mingling with the people there and then I asked Balki, ‘Where’s dad?’ And dad called out, ‘Next to you.’ I was stunned at the way he looked and behaved. He had transformed into a 13-year-old.

You sport just one costume in the film.

I was happy since I did not have to change. Coming from a film like Dostana, where all I had to do was change costumes, this was cakewalk. But then Balki took his revenge in a song where he made me wear 17 different costumes.

You play a politician in the film. Did you derive inspiration from someone?

Yes, from two of my good friends, Milind Deora and Sachin Pilot, but only the physicality.

What was the wackiest thing that Amitabh Bachchan did as a kid in the movie?

He got on to my back!

Since Amitabh plays the kid, did you have the liberty to bully him?

I would bully him around whenever we were doing a shot together, but once the director said cut, dad was back to his usual self. And then I had to bear the brunt of bullying him.

Weren’t you afraid of being overshadowed by your father?

Every actor is overshadowed by Mr Bachchan in a film. But then you cannot afford to think that way and be in awe of him. I would not have done so many films with him had I thought that way.

Does Amitabh bring his roles home?

No. Dad never brought any of his roles home. We would have liked it if he had brought a character like Shahenshah home or hung a rope around his shoulder like in Deewar. But in his illustrious career, not once has he brought work home.

As a producer, did you have it easy?

Being a producer is not a happy spot to be in. But then it is not that tough either, because all I do is say ‘Yes’, ‘No’ or ‘I’ll think it over.’

What are your expectations from the film?

I made this film for my dad and, after watching this film, I just want dad to tell me that he is proud of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Filmy. All rights reserved.
CSE Rockz Presented by Rockerzz.
Bloggerized by Rakshit Kota